(Retrieved from http://fungerms.com/music-quotes/)
One of my biggest creative writing fuels is music. I need to have music all.the.time. Riding Singapore’s amazing public transportation system, washing dishes, running, writing, shopping at the grocery store— music all the time. I create my own soundtracks for my books, with songs for different characters and events and setting. It helps me connect with the world I’m creating. This morning I ran my iTunes Playlist Challenge again because it was just so much fun last week. I put my iTunes on shuffle and wrote down the first ten songs (or so) that came up.
Here they are:
- “Attack on Murron,” James Horner, Braveheart soundtrack
- “Do or Die,” Papa Roach, Getting Away With Murder
- “The World Is Ahead,” Howard Shore, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- “Exiles,” Bryan Tyler, Frank Herbert’s Children of Dune (Original Television Soundtrack)
- “House of the Rising Sun,” The Animals, Retrospective
- “Whispers & Confessions,” Trevor Morris, The Tudors
- “Thru The Eyes of Ruby,” Smashing Pumpkins, Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness: Twilight to Starlight
- “Ishwilf,” Disturbed, Asylum
- “Pinwheels,” Smashing Pumpkins, Oceania
- “Killing In The Name,” Rage Against the Machine, Rage against the Machine
So several of those were less than two minute songs, so I did one more for funsies:
“Tomorrow Comes a Day Too Soon,” Flogging Molly, Within a Mile of Home
Wow, that was a lot more random in terms of music…. But I wonder if shuffle got stuck on soundtrack mode or something. Now you know a little about what movies and TV shows I like I guess haha.
Try it for yourself and see what happens. Post your results here!